Pages

Monday, October 11, 2010

The last hideous shopping experience. That's my promise to myself!

So yesterday I'm in Macy's, looking for a dress for a wedding in Michigan in two weeks, and I'm trying them on and looking into the full-length mirror -- something I have studiously avoided doing these past few months. Then I headed back out onto the sales floor and looked at the little icons. "Dresses." "Suits." "Casualwear." Not a one said what I was looking for: "Cyanide Capsules."

After a good cry, I vowed that this would be my last shopping experience like this. I haven't been great at sticking to my diet this past week, but yesterday I was officially Scared Straight. So a big "I Hate You/Thank You!" shout-out to Macy's!!

2 comments:

  1. So sorry you had to go through that. I think cyanide is in the notions department. But don't go there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was certainly my notion!

    But the Macy's upstate is tiny; one floor, no Cellar. But maybe that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete