Pages

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Yucky Choice

I've now tried three different Healthy Choice entrees -- and boy do I use that word loosely. First of all, they keep you full for, like, an hour. Second the pasta tastes like hardened pencil erasers and the vegetables turn into gelatinous goo.

Real food is the only answer!! I had a humongous bowl of roasted brussels sprouts the other night that were like a little piece of heaven. Take off the leafy bit on the outside, cut them in half, and toss them in a bowl with a little olive oil. Then spread them on a cookie sheet and cook them at 350 for about a half-hour, and halfway through, sprinkle a little balsamic vinegar on them. Omigod! If this sounds suspiciously similar to my roasted-chickpea recipe, except for the vinegar, it's because it is. But hey, if you've got a good thing going, work it!! I'm trying it with eggplant and squash next.

2 comments:

  1. I'm THINking maybe the vinegar would be a nice touch to the chick peas too. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Balsamic vinegar is fantabulicious on everything! For chickpeas, I have also tried just a smidge of peppercorn or other slightly spicy creamy dressing -- just enough to give it a tang without a calorie/fat bomb going off.

    ReplyDelete