Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

About broth...

Vegan broth, so low in calories! but really, it's pretty much just flavored water and doesn't really stick to the ribs, ya know? I also had to drink the whole box to feel full. That can get expensive, especially when I was hungry again about an hour later.

Today I purchased a small container of Seitenbacher vegetarian (vegan actually) broth, which has about 40 servings for about $5, and I have to say....thank GOD for TJs....Healthy 8 chopped veggie mix - broccoli, carrots, green cabbage, red cabbage, jicama, green bell pepper, radish, and celery - a nice 16 oz container all chopped up and ready to throw into anything -- which is what I did, add whatever seasonings are on hand, and a bit of my favorite hot sauce -- I crumbled in some fresh crimini mushrooms too - and VOILA!

It's fast, it's easy, it's yummy, and it's only about 50 calories for the whole pot! (that's only 1 weight watcher's point!). Maybe I'll go wild later and add some beans!








I drink lots of broth
to take the weight off
at first i had some misgivings

as I drank the whole quart
satisfaction was short
and my patience for diet was thinning

I decided to chop
fresh cut veggies in the pot
Now this is a diet for living!


No comments:

Post a Comment